Ithaca 6E Single Barrel Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Harvey Kimmes, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Harvey Kimmes

Harvey Kimmes gallery 22

This time capsule of an Ithaca SBT was made in 1915. It has a 30" Improved-Modified barrel, as measured by a Galazan bore measuring tool. It has a ultra straight stock that measues 1 1/2" DAC, 1 1/2" DAH and 14 1/2" LOP. The wood has marks, as shown. The metal is in fantastice shape for a 106 year old gun. The engraving is very crisp with the trapshooter and indian finely detailed in silver and gold. The lever is far to the right. This is a gun that most trapshooters have not ever seen, as they were only made on special order. There were actually less 6E trapguns made then 7E guns. Priced at $6900-the engraving could not be done for that today.

Attached Files:

BT99&SKB, Trap3, stever and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Mega Poster Founding Member

This is an extremely rare and beautiful
    Gun. They made the 6E, i believe, in a SxS
    As well. It is priced fairly considering its
    Rarity. You will never see one of these
    In the rack at your gun club, it is that special.

Trap3 and Steven Seigneurie like this.
  3. Harvey Kimmes

Harvey Kimmes gallery 22

Thanks for the comment Jim. This is the only SBT 6E trap that I have ever seen. I saw a SXS one several years ago. It was not nearly in this good of shape and was priced considerably higher.

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Had one 35+ years ago. Took it to the big (1300 tables) Monroeville gun show here in PGH and Galazan was walking around. He took it home with him. It wasn't as nice as yours by a long shot but it was the only one most of those dealers, or the public, ever saw.

Good luck with the sale.

5. Harvey Kimmes

Harvey Kimmes gallery 22

Sold-Thank you Mike