How about being more positive?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Harlan1963, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Harlan1963

Harlan1963 New Member Founding Member

I've watched this site a bit and I'd suggest a friendlier positive spirit. I don't think much success will be found with the attitude on here from the 3-5 people doing all the postings. All veteran shooters know that trap has changed over time so I'd try to move on. This is just my observation and opinion.

GW22 and Bulge like this.
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Here's hoping

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

agree ... 100% ... wpt ... (yac) ...

4. nudie

nudie Active Member

Agreed

5. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Active Member Founding Member

I agree but I don't look for it to happen in the near future. Rick

6. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

Another in agreement.

7. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I try to look at both sides and state my opinion. I am right now the second highest poster and I think I'm pretty even on most issues.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  8. nudie

nudie Active Member

Second highest poster??????? Special or what?????? Just curious what the number of post has to do with anything.

9. Himark

Himark Active Member

I agree....hey lets call this a poll;) (even though there is no......pollo_O)

10. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

"Just curious what the number of post has to do with anything." ...... maybe this .......

"the attitude on here from the 3-5 people doing all the postings."

11. Himark

Himark Active Member

Hey Ken...I agreed with you. Now my post count is going up:)

12. nudie

nudie Active Member

Mine too, lol

13. jmunsell

jmunsell Well-Known Member Founding Member

yuuup agree.

14. nudie

nudie Active Member

Guess I'm gonna need to try harder to get my post count up so I can feel more important. Anyone know how to do that?

15. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

Yep I agree!!!!!!!!

16. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Harlan 1963 made reference to the 3-5 people doing all the posting so that is why the remark to the second highest poster was made to that sarcastic friendliness remark on the site. So I am seeing how this gets going in the wrong direction. People can't stay on the subject that the original post started and either make fun of or attack some. So Harlan 1963 is correct on part of his opinion.

17. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

I don't care for all the bashing either. That's not what I come here for. If you want to affect actions of the ATA, you either have to get involved, or have the assets to get the right people's attention. The latter is probably more affective.

For this site to survive, it's got to be fluid, informative, and interesting. So far, I just see a lot of repeat posters with the same old stuff that's been beat to death with no real results.

leftout, Wexy, Michael McGee and 3 others like this.
  18. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

User1, just to prove your point. I consider my wife my best friend. You should hear her criticism, or maybe you shouldn't.

19. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

One day at a time and today seems like a pretty good day

20. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

Negativity breeds misery that's for sure.

Smile :D and let's keep this a happy place.

Bulge likes this.
  21. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Rosey just doesn't get it or understand. The posts by History Buff are the most informative posts I have seen on any forum.

And Rosey.......I have yet to see a single post from you that added anything to the site. But this is just me.

22. Rosey

Smithy, Those who know me will confirm that I'm not a fan of some of the bone head changes by the ATA. Especially the 2 yard reductions. But, I haven't given up on the ATA either. Hope someone salvages the organzation before it is too late. Unfortunately, it will have to be some affluent and powerful people that love the sport, but are not selfish. Good luck with that.

Regarding my ability to be an asset......I'm lurking right now. I'm not sure this site is on the right track to be successful. We'll see.

BTW...What do you want me to "add" to the site?

23. GW22

GW22 Mega Poster Founding Member

Rosey, you could "add" the recipe you use for those 1-1/16 oz loads you use to break all those 100 & 200 straights. :D
    (and, in my case, explain how to point a shotgun straight if that is still required with your recipe :p)

-Gary

24. Rosey

No secret Gary: STS hull, 17.5 - 17.7 Promo, DR F8 wad, WinAA primer, 1 1/16th oz 7 1/2's. Sometimes I'll shoot 8's.

Can't help ya on the point'n part.

25. GW22

Yeah, nobody can.

Thanks for sharing.

-Gary

26. jmunsell

I was looking at that other place this morning and there are some on there saying they got an account on this site just to cause trouble. They must feel threatened is all I can say. I wish the best to them as well as us. There is plenty of people to go around why cause trouble. If it appears this site is heading in the wrong direction well now you know why. May be those 3-5 people your talking about.

27. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

I still use that site and have not seen what you are describing. Not saying it didn't happen just I don't read all the threads. I try to keep away from some threads like I do on here. Bulge

28. leftout

leftout Well-Known Member Founding Member

Now you want to blame those from the other site for any down trend. You want to blame anybody try some of your constant posters who seem to stay in the attack mode.

Lefty

nudie likes this.
  29. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Would you like to share sign on names and a reference to the posts? I go back and forth and haven't seen any posts that you are referring to.

President Clinton likes this.
  30. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

Frankly, if we'd quit worrying about the other place and just worry about this one it will go a long way towards the success of this site.

31. jmunsell

I will see if I can find it but is is there. No reason for me to lie. I will tell you what thread it is in.

It said something like "There is a pole on the other site about (something)"

It must be remove cause it is no longer there.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  32. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

You hit the nail on the head Wizard. Bulge.

33. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

No one on any shooting site can stop the agenda driven people from causing trouble or spouting their opinions. Agendas come in so many different forms and for many different reasons it's almost chaotic at times. Both here on this site and all the others I've participated in for a lot of years.

The goals all of us should be striving for is the betterment of our sport, not our personal selfish agendas. Our abilities or egos for personal satisfaction to shoot better scores/averages to give the false feeling one is closer to the top shots in the game is detrimental. Making our sport easier for the masses shouldn't be a part of the equation, rather, to further handicap those having the ability to master the game within reason! We should never make the game so impossible to prevent one from shooting a perfect score either!

A look back at our history tells us most all changes were made with good intensions. That same look at history also tells us that all those changes weren't so great either. Some were good when needed, some were totally unnecessary and at best detrimental to our beloved sport of trap shooting. All of us should strive to do what's best for the longevity and growth of our sport rather than our own selfish reasons. Changes may have many unknowing circumstances pop up even with the greatest care given. Caring for our sport and changing it's diaper when needed is crucial and critical.

Gene Hapney

34. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Well said Hap

Hap MecTweaks likes this.
  35. jmunsell

I agree I just seen this and was wondering what the heck is going on wit people now days they have to do this. Nothing more from me about any other site.

By the way I was looking for a 1100 for my son if anyone has one.

36. GW22

Note that Hap has a positive, constructive, friendly attitude and doesn't find it necessary to despise the ATA even though he's shot it for 45 years -- through all of the EC's stupid decisions.

Why he is so darn stubborn and unwilling to ruin it for the younger people?

-Gary

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Hap MecTweaks and Wexy like this.
  37. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

Thank you Gary! Really it's pretty simple for me. I dearly love our sport and want nothing but the best it can be for those finding our great sport as I did, love at first sight/shot! I know I won't be around when a lot of the youngsters shooting today make a life for themselves and return to our sport one day! That's PRICELESS!!

Discussions with good intent is drastically needed to row our boat if it's to steer straight. As I mentioned above, everyone I personally know has always meant well when directing our course through the years. Did we make mistakes? Of course we did, yet the good far out weighs the bad because of the people still involved and actually loves our game! Speaking of mistakes, my dad always told me, "son, steer clear of any man claiming he makes no mistakes!" because if there's no mistakes made, "he sure as hell ain't doing much of anything constructive". As I matured, I've seen first hand what he was talking about and my dad was so right!

We can grow our sport folks! A well oiled machine needs lubed also? Let's supply that needed lube in more constructive ways instead of losing tempers and name calling! That crap does nobody any good and really serves no purpose!

HAP

Michael McGee and GW22 like this.
  38. GW22

Amen, Brother.

39. Rosey

10/4 Hap. Good message.

40. Barkingspider

Barkingspider Active Member

WOW!!! after reading my way through this thread I think I will head out and shoot another hundred targets today.
    W

41. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Thanks Hap,

You've said what I've been going to say for some time. Not all of us are going to be on the same side of the issues regarding our shooting sports.

Each of us can learn something new and of value from what others have posted. And when someone respectfully offers the reasons and facts for their position, things become much clearer. Most importantly is that we all strive to separate the truth from fiction. As you know, I'm always willing to provide supporting evidence for my comments. We all should. That's not disrespectful. It's how we derive at the truth and stave off mistakes.

Kenny Ray