Hey BIG PAPA - HOF Pictures & Boxes Leaving - Director Resignation - HOF Curator Leaving - True?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Jun 25, 2023.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

BIG PAPA , is some of this good? Got some pissed off people. Are the good people leaving and bad staying. Or some of the bad leaving because they got caught? Seriously, your wisdom and knowledge please.

Lima

2. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

I will be sad to see Betty’s tenure as museum director come to an end but happy for her personally. Betty worked hard for many years to build up the H.O.F. and she deserves the right to retire, relax and enjoy future Ohio State shoots without the stress associated with being the museum director. A huge THANK YOU from me here and she will get another big THANK YOU the next time I see her. Job well done Betty!

3. Jack O'Matic

Jack O'Matic Active Member

So, who would be the "bad" leaving because they got caught? Name some names.

4. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Dirk was carrying boxes out of the OSTA Hall of Fame.

5. robb

robb Well-Known Member

Betty has done a fantastic job with the HOF. Can't imagine one nicer.

Cooperdisciple and Don Cogan like this.
  6. Don Cogan

Two HOF members told me they removed their items but Dirk wasn’t one of them.

7. Charles Baker

Charles Baker Active Member

Since they don't want their items displayed, did they also ask for their names to be stricken?

8. Don Cogan

I don’t know the answer to that question. Both are regular contributors on this site. Perhaps they will enlighten us. It was a very sad day for our Hall of Fame. I hope someday they will return.

9. Geterdun

Geterdun Active Member

RIP Cardinal Center:(

10. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I haven’t seen a reason to believe the CC is dead. I plan to promote shooting and take thousands more photos there.

The OSTA is capable of making the corrections.

11. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I removed the things from the HOF that I had on loan. That was what Dirk was picking up. With Betty going and the board lying about who voted on what, how could I keep my items there? Betty's word was always gold and I knew that my things would be fine. I can't say that anymore. I have no idea what this board will do, and I haven't seen anything they've done that gives me confidence they will do the right thing.

Everyone that was on the board with me knows that the museum was what I pushed. My history with the osta museum speaks for itself. I think trap shooting history needs to be saved, but when some want to change history they can count me out. I didn't take down my picture but if the board wants to it is okie dokie with me. The hof had a good run, after talking to Betty that might be over.

Cooperdisciple and mdj67 like this.
  12. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

Brad, I think you did the right thing. I agree with Dave that once enshrined you are there
    Forever. I know this was probably a very hard decision but if there is truly deceit you don’t
    want any part of it. I respect your courage!!!!

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  13. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

In 1990 our hall of fame was born. Actually there was no physical hall of fame. At the State Shoot that years inductees pictures were displayed in the entry building and the inductees and their wives were treated to a dinner at Anticlea's restaurant. (I have always felt that this was more for the OSTA board and their wives to get a free meal than it was to honor the inductees). In 1995 I was inducted and in 1997 Brad was inducted. Even at this time there were no plans for a actual HOF building. During that period of time Brad and I spent a lot of time talking about why we didn't have a physical place for our HOF and trying to figure out how we could get a place that our pictures and artifacts could be displayed on a permanent basis. When Brad became president the vender building's were just coming on the scene and Brad seized the opportunity and with much arm twisting was able to get the first two rooms in the 1st vendor building for our own OSTA Hall of Fame with I believe a paid 10 year lease. What you see as our HOF you must give many thanks to Brad for his vision, and foresight and Then Betty came on board and with her vision and hard work our HOF became a very beautiful and elegant home being able to be displayed. Not only for the inductees who are FOREVER INSHRINED there, but for so much more of our trapshooting history being able to be displayed for future generations to enjoy.

Now it seems that our current OSTA leaders have no vision or much interest in the future of our HOF. There is no more room. I don't know where they are going to hang the pictures of this years inductees and there are so many more things that could be displayed. It just seems such a shame that our leaders just seem to ignore the HOF's needs.

Also at the moment of induction the inductees become a part of history and no one has a right to remove their picture nor doe's anyone or any board have any right to remove a picture of any FOREVER INSHRINED person. It seems like these folks have just simply taken the front page of the democrats play book and run with it. It appears that even the OSTA's rules were not followed and people were accused of voting in a certain way when there wasn't a vote cast. I was approached and told that our zone's directors had lied to me about this when actually there was no vote by The OSTA board. Please right the ship and put things back as they were. Our HOF needs help.

Dave Berlet

14. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Dave….

The minutes are very clear. There was no vote by the OSTA Board to change the bylaws. Fortunately our
    Secretary at least is honest.

The way the President ran the last meeting, and the behavior of current and past OSTA Presidents’ family members was awful. The outright lies and fake crying was an embarrassment.

The members can right this ship.

Thanks for all you have done for the sport.

FG

15. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Who doesn’t think the members that lied at that meeting should not resign? Liars be gone! Just resign. SMH

Roger Coveleskie and 10ga32 like this.
  16. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

Sound’s like to me Sarah’s husband needs his Ass Kicked!!!!

17. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

If your name or items aren’t in the Ohio Hall Of Fame,
    why do you care what members do?

18. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Who manufactures more drama, teenage girls or old trapshooters? (straight-up production, not pound-for-pound)

-Roy

19. Flyersarebest

Now there’s a helpful post. NOT

20. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

As I understand it one has resigned and some more should.

Dave Berlet

21. HCarl

HCarl Active Member

The one who resigned did so for reasons that have nothing to do with the HOF.

Jack O'Matic likes this.
  22. Dave Berlet

hcarl Possibly the truth, the OSTA HOF, the fairytale, or some other reasons were not the reason, but as I understand he did resign. Am I correct in this?

Dave Berlet

23. HCarl

HCarl Active Member

No possibly about it. I know the reason. I also know that you had a pleasant conversation with him. If you get to have another, maybe he’ll explain it to you.

Jack O'Matic likes this.
  24. Jack O'Matic

Jack O'Matic Active Member

This must be a rhetorical question. Everyone knows it's old trapshooters.

25. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

HCarl, Nice threat, but lying and getting caught is a good reason to quit. Tim should know that I still have many friends in the osta that fill me in on what is going on. I don't know what the long game plan was but making the OSTA and the ohio state shoot better doesn't seem to me to be it. Saying one thing behind someones back and another to their face isn't smart. Trap Shooters don't keep things to themselves very well. That's why I always call a spade a spade.

The current board needs to do some thinking about why the Ohio State shoot has lost so many shooters in the past 10 to 12 years. That seems to be a better plan than back stabbing and BSing that looks to me to be the boards appraoch today.

26. HCarl

HCarl Active Member

What threat is that?

27. Dave Berlet

I'm glad that you told me that it was a very pleasant conversation when Auston and Tim confronted me while I was having a pleasant conversation with a friend. I guess you must have been a little mouse in Tim's pocket and since I didn't quit smiling while he was pumping me full of condensed owl milk about how I had been lied to from my North West Zone directors. They both told me that they didn't vote to remove Randy's name and Tim proceeded to tell me that it was a unanimous vote when actually according to the minutes the OSTA directors never voted on it. Maybe if Tim would have been paying attention rather than sitting there with his head down working his phone during the meeting he would have been better informed. I guess if you feel that it was a warm and fuzzy conversation it must have been since you claim to be the knower of all truths.

Dave Berlet

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  28. Don Cogan

Dave,
    I remember you stopping by my camper shortly after the pleasant conversation you had with a couple Board members. As I recall your description of that meeting included some colorful terms about natural fertilizer being spread. I just figured those fellas must be organic farmers.

BRAD DYSINGER and Dave Berlet like this.
  29. HCarl

HCarl Active Member

I believe that you failed to mention one of the main parts of the conversation; are you going to box your stuff up and remove it from the HOF like you threatened to do, or are you just “possibly” going to box it up and remove it?

Personally, I think you should remove your items and picture. You could use them to start a new Hall of Fame. You could even give the speech to induct the first member. It could go something like this: “I would like to introduce a man who represents all of us. He beats women and bribes witnesses. He’s a stalker. He intimidates attorneys and shoots at bail bondsmen. He threatens to detonate IED’s and shoots at helicopters. Hell, he even tries to murder police officers. He’s a man we’re all proud to be associated with and one who truly represents our sport…”

30. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Or his speech could go like this….”this man may not be perfect, but he would never stand up in front of the OSTA Membership and lie”. “He would never attempt to change our bylaws at a closed meeting.” “He would never pretend to cry to justify his actions. And in closing he is nothing like several of our OSTA leaders.”

We have some OSTA leaders that have proven they are not meant to be in the OH HOF. Jmho

Just resign.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  31. Flyersarebest

I’m thinking of starting my own list.
    Most people wouldn’t want to be on it.

EDIT: I should have added that a couple of posters are already on it.
    Fair warning.

Flyersarebest
    Moderator (The nice one)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  32. Dave Berlet

I guess the key word here and now is possibly. I know that you are not able to comprehend what forever means and possibly is even a longer word and I am concerned. The way it stands at this point in time I believe it bothers you more that my loaned items have not been removed and for now you will just have to wonder. As for my picture I can't remove it because as a( likeness of) me it is forever enshrined and even if I wanted to remove it I couldn't. It was wrong in every way to take the picture down of Randy and until it is returned this subject will continue to fester. Put the picture back up and in the future be honest and follow the by laws of the OSTA and get rid of the word salad change that was illegally cobbled up and be totally transparent in the future and maybe we can get back to being a group of sportsmen for sportsmen. What has happened recently doesn't paint a very favorable image of a retired law enforcement officer.

Dave Berlet

33. Meatmen12

Meatmen12 New Member

Forever enshrined has nothing to do with a picture hanging on the wall or name in a program.

34. Don Cogan

Until the Hall of Fame building at the Cardinal Center was built, “Forever Enshrined” meant EXACTLY having your picture on the wall and name in the program. I’m sure Mr. Berlet will quote the language on his own Hall of Fame certificate but in a nutshell it states that his likeness (picture) will be placed in the Hall of Fame.

35. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Of course it means exactly that. That is the reason the liars felt it necessary to attempt to change the bylaws at a closed meeting and without notice to the members. Resign!

The original bylaws go even further. The word “forever” is included.

36. Dave Berlet

37. Dave Berlet

I am just hoping that Betty will reconsider and that she will continue forward with the wonderful job that she has done over the years.

Dave Berlet

Don Cogan likes this.
  38. BRAD DYSINGER

Dave when Dirk picked up my things from the HOF he missed my pins and All American patches, pick those up for me at the Cardinal Classic for me please. Those are more important to me than the trophies were. I have 40 years worth of pins. I'll talk to Noreen about it, now that Betty's gone I don't know who to call.