Got Trophy? Where is the easiest ribbon , trinket, or trophy?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by STaT mAn STaN, Mar 24, 2016.

1. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Where would you go and have the greatest expectation of bringing home a trophy? What shoot? Category? etc.

2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Go to any out of the way small state shoot with non resident trophies and shoot as any catagory. Roger C.

3. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Any shoot where there`s only you and a 5 year old shooting should bring home the gold. Where we shoot keep your cheek down on the stock and good luck.

4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

If you can't get one now with all of the added goodies and catagory's the ATA added, maybe you should just quit ... Just a thought ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. STaT mAn STaN

Roger----Your math is upside down. Focus.

What if you are a Mississippian? Only three 27 yard shooters. Great opportunity for a yardage ribbon or trinket at the State Shoot?

6. Roger Coveleskie

STaT mAn. Ole Miss does not have non resident trophies only in state and open. I have been to that shoot a couple of times and their was no easy wins to be had there. Many good non resident shooters. Roger C.

7. STaT mAn STaN

Roger you make my point. If you are from Mississippi you have a darn good shot at the in state trophy with only 3 at the 27. Out of state would be tougher.

Not talking about the out of state stuff.

8. Roger Coveleskie

STaT mAn, Not from ole Miss. but have shot their state shoot several times. Many good non res. show up there. When in Cotinth the shoot was first class. when they moved it to a 5 trap club, I ask how they would ever get the program completed with only 5 traps and so many non res. The ans. I got was f44k the nos res. So I never went back. I'm from AZ. Roger C.

9. multifired

multifired Active Member

Like you?

El Paso, wpt and Leonidas like this.
  10. wpt

multifired ,
    If you want a sure thing I have 5 boxes of trophy from years gone by, actually a few very nice ones I will make you a deal on ... You can lie and tell everyone you won them except for a few are dated and probably before you started (if you ever did ) shooting ... Got 4 horses with clocks in their belly, and a 3 ft tall trophy for winning the club shoot one year, then all of the one with the shooter on top (couple got their guns broken) when I moved a few times ... Gave a bunch to my kids when they were younger, they went house to house selling them ... Which one did you get a ribbon for showing up or for not showing up ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. wpt

multifired,
    I opened a shoe box and found 12 belt buckles, then another shoe box and wow more belt buckles ... I will make you a deal on any or all of them, tell me what you want to be Champion, runner -up , 22, 23, 24, 26 yard handicap ... I even have numbered belt buckles from when the ATA was moving from Vandalia to Illinois ( End of an Era) , that I actually bought but would sell the set also if interested ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

STaT mAn STaN I understand facts and figures (statistics) and get what you are pointing out. If your state has only 27 shooters and just 3 of them are 27 yarders and your state has a 27 yard trophy for in state shooters only then you couldn't finish worse than third, you have a 33% chance. It also looks like you should have a roughly a 4% chance of winning the State Handicap Championship. On the other hand if you are from say Pa what's your odds of winning (just by the stats not your ability)?

Remember there is nothing fair about the ATA System. If there was you wouldn't have a state with just 27 shooters having the same vote as a state with 2700. It is much easier to win in a small state as a resident, non residents by definition come from every other place so it wouldn't matter what state shoot a non resident is shooting at there you would have everyone else that was a 27 yarder eligible to win not just the 3 in staters.

I like you STaT mAn STaN understand math and statistics. Your odds of winning a trophy are better if you live in a small ATA shooting state, your odds of becoming an ATA EC VP are also much better. Numbers don't lie even if VP's do. Brad

Smithy and wpt like this.
  13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Stan claims to be good with numbers but he's already off 100% on one of his statistics!

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

That's easy. Any small, obscure state that offers a Junior Gold trophy!

Uncle Sam likes this.