Free Coffee at Gun Clubs & dogs in clubhouse problems

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jan 5, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The gun clubs in this southeastern are furnishing free coffee, Creamer, Sugar, Sweetner Etc.
    Guys are bringing in snacks like donuts, Cheese, ham salad spreads, potato chips and pretzels. We have had Airport Gun Club Close down, We have seen this coming for a long time, shooters just drifted away because restrooms were not flushing, and feces was running across the floor.
    You just could not bring the wives and girlfriends because of it. Many offers were made to fix this situation, using his backhoe, and digging it up and cleaning the roots out of the septic tank and field system. A porta potty was rented by the management for the last 6 months or more.
    One big drawback was the dogs in the clubhouse 3 or more of them. Two ladies absolutely hated them, and would not come in the clubhouse and get dog hair on their clothes. This club charged for coffee.
    Dr.longshot

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I could see having restrictions on dogs in the club house because not all people are animal lovers as those of us who have dogs/pets are ... I do not feel that a club giving away free coffee is a problem, they can always put a can out for donations to try and off set the costs which can get a little out of hand ... There are always the do er's and non do er's in clubs and or most organizations in life so be prepared for the worse and or best in many cases and go from there to where ever that takes you ... wpt ... (yac) ...

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Member Founding Member

So what's wrong with shooters bringing food and the club offering free coffee?

Sounds like a poorly run club if they didn't address problems such as poorly flushing toilets!

A management change is the answer!

Your last sentence leaves me scratching my head as I don't get it, especially about charging for coffee.

4. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Joe Potosky In this area all clubs I go to offer free coffee/ there is a coffee can for donations at some of them, you would be surprised how many shooters donate cans of Coffee/ Creamer/Sweetner/ to the clubs, especially in inclement weather, Rain, Snow. I myself take a big pot of chili, or My Mothers Recipe Potato Soup w/Rivlins. So many Gun Clubs in my area want to draw as many shooters as they can. The better you treat shooters the more shooters will come. When Airport Gun Club closed down, The shooters started going to Hill Top Gun Club, Sunbury Gun Club 4 skeet-sporting clays, and Cardinal Center for practice, and they all offer cheaper targets, That is a draw in it's self. I can see why you would be scratching your head on some items. The more a club offers the better the attendance, Like New & Used Trap/Skeet Guns/ reloading supplies such as Wads, Primers, Powder, Shot, and a club w/excuses I will have it next week, and that next week never comes, and major suppliers cut you off. That gets around and hurts you. That is why Jaqua's, Indiana Gun VClub, Joel Etchen, High Grade Shooter's supply, have a very large following of buyers and shooters.
    Dr.longshot

Dan90T likes this.