Credit cards to monitor gun & ammo sales

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by 635 G, Sep 12, 2022.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

It appears 3 major credit card companies are beginning to track gun & ammo sales by using a code to ID the purchases--hope the NRA goes to court to fight this intrusion !!!!!

2. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Buy ammo with cash!!!

AnEon likes this.
  3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Started by their "legal departments" and it's their 'plan" to institute this.

Remington gets sued because they manufactured the rifle. The CC companies figured that they would be next if some nut case used one of their cards to purchase a gun that was used in a shooting.

Like the man said, use cash.

So far 24 Republican states attorney generals have warned the 3 companies that if they were to go ahead with this plan it would violate our 2nd amendment rights and they would end up in court.

Google it and you can read the story

4. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

thus why the one world order is trying to do away with cash, with a goal of going to card only.
    time to bring back the barter days.

5. AnEon

AnEon Member

I buy my ammo with cash...

6. King Shark

King Shark Active Member

Visa did push back:

In a letter obtained by CBS News, sent by Visa on Wednesday in response to congressional Democrats who supported the plan, the company said, “We believe that asking payment networks to serve as a moral authority by deciding which legal goods can or cannot be purchased sets a dangerous precedent.”

Visa wrote, “We understood Amalgamated Bank’s request to be justified, at least in part, by an interest in blocking transactions that would fall under such a new category, and Visa’s rules expressly prohibit blocking of legal transactions under an MCC.”…

7. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

This is still in their “Planning phase”
    If every card holder told them they weren’t going to use their cards for ANYTHING I’ll bet the card companies would think twice before implementing it