Cardinal Center Shoot Schedule Packed -50 days MORE ADDED

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by appalachianshooter, Jan 21, 2016.

1. appalachianshooter

appalachianshooter Active Member

Trap

SCTP Regionals May 7
    Karen's Cup May 27-29
    Buckeye Open June 1-5
    Ohio State Shoot June 20-26
    SCTP Nationals July 9-16
    Mid Summer Trap Championship July 22-24
    Cardinal Classic August 16-21
    Labor Day Invitational Sept. 2-4
    SCTP Collegiate Championships Oct 28-30

Sporting Clays

Cardinal Open March 26
    Springtime Showdown April 16
    May Day Classic May 14
    Buckeye Sporting Classic May 28
    Dove's Demise August 20
    Red Bird Sept 16-18
    Autumn Open Oct 8
    Pilgrim Gun & Gun Nov 11 & 12
    'Tis the Season Dec 5

50 days organized shooting events!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  2. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Did the governor of Illinois give his OK to keep the Cardinal Center open? :D:D:D:D:D

wpt and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  3. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

The CC seems to be an Enclave of it's own in the shooting world...Go CC!

wpt, Roger Coveleskie and Smokintom like this.
  4. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

That's just the trap. Think about the skeet, sporting clays, rifle and pistol. The CC is doing what Sparta can never do, location, location, location.

5. appalachianshooter

That is not part of Trap Wife's plan.

wpt and rookieshooter like this.
  6. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

I just wish whomever is in charge would make a decision so I can come up with a schedule of events to shoot this year. This is uncalled for.

7. cfandg

cfandg Active Member

Lady T
    You can count on the above schedule being correct. No politicians involved there.

8. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

You mean at CC. If so I have no doubt that that the CC events will go off as scheduled. I was hoping to shoot the Grand this year but there is nothing that indicates it will ever happen, this year or ever.

9. cfandg

cfandg Active Member

The Cardinal Center getting 14 new skeet / trap fields + SCTP is a boost but the place is growing anyway.

Add the pistol and rifle range and location, location, location. 4 acre lake will swallow up tree background and they are adding a third clays course.

Now donations to the museum are rolling in. The museum should have a new building soon also.

The above schedule does not even show the clays schedule.

10. rookieshooter

Yep, seems what a guy who carried some clout told me at the Cardinal Classic is coming true, "just wait and see". I even posted about him saying this months ago. Did not mention no names though.

11. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

This CC is one place that the "Field of Dreams" is coming true. Build it and they will come.

Build it in a good location was one of the key elements here, and run it correctly the other.

We have been there just a couple of times before moving to Florida.

We never made it to Sparta, but I can honestly say I believe CC is the most beautiful shooting center I have ever been to bar none.

Thanks once again to Mr. Fishburn for making this all possible for people in the East who could not afford to go so far west.

It was us little guys who are keeping the CC going, and I believe he knows this.

Like it was once said: "I shall return"

dr.longshot and rookieshooter like this.
  12. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

So my prelimnary plans include both the Ohio and Kentucky state shoots. Can anyone recommend a place to stay for the Ohio State Shoot. I don't camp.

13. Mitchie17

Mitchie17 New Member

There a few options 10 miles south of the cardinal at St Rt 36/37 and more options at Polaris which is 20 miles south of the cardinal. Polaris has tons of shopping and restaurants to choose from.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Polaris Parkway. Easy drive with all amenities!

dr.longshot likes this.
  15. blf3

blf3 Active Member Founding Member

With a full plate of activities all summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr.Fishburn builds a hotel/motel just off the interstate!

16. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

Karen's Cup with the Buckeye Open the next week = 8 days of shooting.

17. appalachianshooter

Thanks to mods for adding the other dates for the Cardinal Center. 50 days of organized shooting.

More coming.

18. pittmatt

pittmatt Member

50 days shooting at the Cardinal Center.

Is there any doubt the CC is "the mega shooting center"?

dr.longshot likes this.
  19. rookieshooter

There needs to be one more shoot added? Something in the order of August 3 - 13th and call it the International Grand, with plenty sponsors and added money. I bet Mr Fishburn himself could bring in all kinds of sponors with his business head. Now Mr Fishburn would need to add some more traps but his investment would surly pay for itself . Simply because of location, location location, and if some other association get's bent out of shape about it, oh well.

20. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

If the folks at Cardinal Center hosted a shoot on the same dates as the grand , the WSRC and grand attendance would be cut to the bone as in virtually eliminated ... The CC could do it as an unregistered Handicap shoot and they would be over run with shooters ... This almost happened one year at the Spring Grand at the Old Phoenix Trap and Skeet Club after not so cordial discussions with the then President Dave Kaiser about his unwarranted demands and attitude ... I was going to take the money that would of been paid to the ATA for trophy's, programs, and expenses for those who were going to attend from the ATA and use it as option money ... Kaiser figured out I was serious and he backed off big time or I would of eliminated the Spring Grand completely and had our own Spring Handicap shoot on those same dates ... The ATA has it in their head that they are the Supreme Association and if they do not say it happens with their blessing , it won't happen ... They came really close to finding out that year and all the Fat Cats who showed up and gave not so pleasant glances my way were very soft spoken to my face but I assume they had plenty to say to each other based on what I heard after all was said and done ... Thats the year we eliminated all of the freebies, no more adult beverages, food, and place to hide from the people (members) they were supposed to represent ... They were told to go and sit at the bar and put their money up just like everyone else, to say they were not happy is an understatement ... The left the club and went to one of the local bars to avoid the members and spend their expense money ... They were paid to Judge the shoot offs yet not one of them showed up other than to sit and watch , but we got it done ... Cardinal Center could put the ATA out of business if they wanted to, those on the ATA EC, ED , and some of the BOD can thank God they do not want that to happen or it would ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

21. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

WPT

Thank you for bringing your story to light.

For several years I have heard of these tales at different shoots, but nobody would talk about them.

As Paul Harvey would say..."Now you know the rest of the story"

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  22. cfandg

cfandg Active Member

Why is it the same posters that complain about negative posts also complain about the positive posts? This is a great opportunity for the SCTP and the CC.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  23. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Member Founding Member

Sounds like a nice place to shoot. I hope when I retire I can make it there.

24. rookieshooter

Hope you can make it. Back in the day (70's and early 80's) which some call the best years of trap shooting. I shot from Elko & Reno NV, Arizona, the Florida chain shoots, all along the east coast up to Main and the CC ranks with the best of them, and it keeps getting better.
    I personally, thanks to wpt, would love the CC to add a massive week of Handicaps shot all week. If single were thrown, then only a 100 per event so caps could be shot that day also. At least 5/100 handicaps with some/all compulsory purses which would have yardage purses along with top 4 scores. It could be the "Big Daddy of Handicap" shoots

Michael McGee, dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  25. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I too have heard great things about the CC. It is one place that is on my "Bucket List" of places to shoot at. If I do not make it to the Cardinal Classic this year. I will next for sure. I wish that we had a place half as nice as the CC here in Washington State. The one club that we do have with some size, is in bad need of maintenance, new machines, and a major attitude adjustment for the hired help.

Jim Bradbury

26. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I talked with Jake today and he filled me in a little on the pistol/rifle range. He said it was a 300 point range 200 points 100 yards/meters and 100 points 50. He also told me how many place steel plate spots and I think that was 24 but I could be mistaken. He said he'd get some pictures on here so keep watching. Brad

27. wpt

"IF" the grand is going to be around after, if not this year maybe next, I seriously doubt it will be at the WSRC in Sparta, Ill ... There is far to much drama and uncertainty for any organization with any common sense to put up with on an annual basis ... There are certainly other places that could host the grand with a little modification to the events program or by making it a shoot where you have to qualify to shoot in the Championship events, on the order of the Martin Handicaps (Go Big or go Home) ... The State of Illinois problems are not going to go away over night if they pass a budget or not so the WSRC will probably always be a thorn in their side as well as any organization who would want to utilize it (rent) from now on and will be eliminated by some means by the State at some point in time ... There are far to many issues that the State is confronted with that goes far beyond the grand on a list of priority's in reality , though not to some trap shooters who reap the rewards of attending ... That proverbial if shoe on the other foot syndrome might apply here ... It can be done , just maybe not where or how the ATA wants it done ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

28. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Brad I dropped in at The CC on my way back from Fin Fur & Feather, Pond looks good, deep enough too. There is what looks like a ramp out from dining hall/Swimming pool, to a circular apparatus, possibly for the kids to fish from, they were moving a lot of dirt today, even in the snow and cold, they were working on the Far West end and a little to the south.

They had a nice sale on some rifles could not wait to March 3rd, they were sold out of #6s, good Ammo prices and they had 22 magnum Shells

GB........................DLS

rookieshooter and wpt like this.
  29. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

If you were a vendor where would you go?

Flyersarebest likes this.
  30. Perazzi40

Perazzi40 Member

50 days of shooting sports. If you are withing driving distance to the CC why would you go anywhere else?

31. wpt

The vendors are on of the Star attractions at most shoots, the problem is if you see the same vendor day in and day out you probably do not need anything or you would of bought it by now ... That is not an easy way to make a living or even supplement ones income but can help with the cost of shooting if so inclined ... I usually try to find something to buy even if I do not need it as a little thank you for being there to those vendors ... The Cardinal Center is fast becoming known as the place to shoot so it will draw a lot of vendors and people who want to visit the Ohio HOF ... Trapshooting needs more places like this and less places like another one I can think of that can't draw a crowd ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  32. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

No doubt, a big money shoot at the CC the same time as the Grand would be devastating, but as Ohioan's were better than that.
    The WRC has problems but lets not be known as the spoiler. I wish them well in 2016. We shall see.
    I'm only 30 min from the CC so I know where I'm going.

Regards....Gerald

33. wpt

The schedule for last year with a combination of all of the venues at the WSRC in Sparta was only 123 days total, many of those days were eliminated by the Governor shuttering the place and cut off all shooting events ... This has nothing to do with the Cardinal Center , just more or less a FYI type of posting to compare the facilities for any of the vendors that might be involved ... WPT ... (YAC) ...