Cardinal Center preparing for years biggest spectacle in shotgun sports SCTP National Championships

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Jul 6, 2021.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

Around 4,000 participants are expected. SCTP is coming to town.

That is a bunch I think.

2. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Lima-4,000 plus the parents and grandparents will be there. That is a bunch. Lol

All those people will have another opportunity to see the Ohio Hall of Fame and learn about the sport’s history. And more big shoots are still scheduled for the CC.

Campers are rolling in now.

3. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

The Ohio and Pennsylvania State shoots are the largest state shoots in the country. The SCTP shoot is bigger than both of those state shoots COMBINED! It is amazing to ride around to all venues and watch the youngsters compete. If you have the opportunity to go for a day I know you will enjoy yourself. It is very heartwarming to see the enjoyment the young shooters get from this special competition. The competitors are shooting on the handgun range, skeet fields, sporting clays courses and trap fields all at the same time. They also have a rifle range and bunker traps! It gives me hope seeing a new generation enjoying all of our shooting sports!

4. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

I totally agree with you Mr. Cogan.

I had the pleasure of viewing each of those shooting venues on a golf cart tour with Mr. Dysinger.

I believe it was the year Illinois closed the door on their championship with only months to pray that they would find a shooting facility to hold all their championships. That's the year Mr. Fishburn constructed the skeet fields and firearm shooting stalls with only a couple months prior to the SCTP Championships. He may have even added a new Sporting Clays range.

Largest and most enjoyable 'Annie Oakley' shoot I ever saw in my life. Those kids can sure smoke targets from the 27!

It's a shame the ATA leadership didn't take a liking to the SCTP from the beginning. They finally came around after a couple years. They also rejected the Mr. Potterfield's MidwayUSA grant program initially, but finally came around on that one also.

Slow learners.

Enjoy Our History !

AIM-SCTP MERGE, 2013AUG05p.9.jpg
    ATA-SCTP Partnership, 2015.jpg

cwtech and Don Cogan like this.
  5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Way to go gipson. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... LMAO

And this is another reason he gets a "bonus"?

Instead of the ata paying him something extra Mr. Fishburn should have given him a few bucks for,

SCREWING UP SO BAD THE SCTP MOVED TO OHIO.

History Seeker likes this.
  6. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I am not sure that was Gipson’s fault. And they did offer them free targets to stay. Too expensive at free I guess.