All American points to get even easier!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by butterly, Aug 20, 2017.

1. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

In the infinite wisdom of our leaders, the All American points will now go with the points instead of the trophy.

There you go Neil. The sport is even less sporting. You don't have to win, place, or show.

Was this decision in the best interest of the corporation?

Pink ribbons for everyone.

2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

BUTTERLY. Do I compute this correctly. Everyone that shot 200 in the clay target event will get champion ship AA points. When will they ever learn? Some one on the board must have stock in the AA pin company.
    When will they start awarding AA points for showing up at a shoot? Maybe not even having to shoot. Jimmy Robinson must be rolling over in his grave, they have made the all American team POLITICALLY correct, for the ribbon collectors. What was the figure of how many shooters were elagable for the team this year? Any AA pins given with out a win or place is a non earned RIBBON. Roger C.

3. robb

robb Well-Known Member

Are you saying that points are awarded for simply shooting an event regardless of score?

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

robb, No, I ask if all ties for high get champion AA points even if they loose the shoot off, and do not receive a trophy for 2nd, 3rd or a lessor place. robb, there are times when there are only a few catagory shooters at a shoot where AA points are awarded. I have seen scores in the eighties get AA points. That demeans's the whole process of qualifying for an all American team. Maybe they should add shoot pins in with the AA pins, that way the non winners can still qualify for the team. Move over skeet here comes the new age trap thinking. Roger C.