AIM and Midway Foundation

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Win101, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

While looking at the ATA website to see for myself the post from user1 about the ATA having hulls for sale, I noticed the next "latest news" item.

It appears that the AIM program will have Midway Foundation funds for events at the AIM Nationals this year. That's great news for teams that have a Midway account!

See the item mentioned under "Latest News" and hit the ' click here' to see the actual press release and the particulars.

Thanks go out to the Potterfields once again!

Don Cogan likes this.
  2. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

What the Potterfields have done for youth shooting groups is truly incredible! The youth teams that have embraced the fund raising challenge have been rewarded exponentially. For many of the teams in our area, their Midway accounts will ensure that the teams will be around for a long time. This means more and more youth will get to experience the shooting sports. A great big THANK YOU to Larry and Brenda Potterfield!!!!!

3. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

The AIM Program would have accumulated much more funds had their offer been accepted by the ATA when the Potterfields made their first proposal back in 2010.

I too tip my hat the Mr. and Mrs. Potterfield for their generosity.

HB

Win101 likes this.
  4. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

I agree.
    Had the ATA accepted the offer our team would have twice what we have now.

5. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

The Executive Committee didn't think the offer was a good one. I recall asking a Vice President why. He said something like 'it was not in the best interests of the ATA.' The E.C. passed their view onto the Board of Directors who voted 52-2 to reject the Potterfield offer. I'll be not many Delegates even investigated to understand the pros & cons of the offer, but rather just voted in support of the E.C.'s opinion. I wonder who the two brave and wise Delegates were who voted to accept the Potterfield's matching funds?

From the August 2010 minutes:

Doctor Longshot, please don't read #2.

POTTERFIELD -Matching Funds Rejection, BOD Minutes, 2010AUG16.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    dr.longshot and Don Cogan like this.