90T finish?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by MRED, Dec 30, 2014.

1. MRED

MRED New Member Founding Member

I recently purchased a 90T that was minty. I have been shooting it for 5 months and it already looks like the other 90T's in the rack. The finish on the receiver looks very worn. Just wondering?

2. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter New Member

The 90T receiver is an alloy with containing some Chromium. It is a very hard alloy. Unfortunately they do not keep their finish long. That antique look you see is typical of almost all 90T's. Don't fret too much tho. They do not rust quickly!

3. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

My 90T has hardly been shot. It looks like the rest. Very similar to Ljutics. They don't keep their finish either. I have seen a few that were nickel plated. Look great!

4. navlifer

navlifer Member

That finish shows how hard that alloy is.

Nickel would be nice!

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Member Founding Member

6. GW22

GW22 Mega Poster Founding Member

Yes, Doug does Cerakote and other finishes in multiple colors and it looks better over the peaks & valleys of an investment-cast receiver like the 90-T's. Black receiver and bbl with gold colored side plates and other accents looks fantastic. I like the one pictured above too. Braker is definitely the place to go for 90-T work. He was the gunsmith at Kolar when they built them for Remington and he does more work on them than anyone else by far. He also recently made some of the extra high-shooting ribs from the old factory drawing (the factory never went through with offering them).

-Gary

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Doug is the 90-T go to guy. I have a nickel receiver model, and really like that look. The Cerakote finishes are what I think is a perfect fit, if you like the original color. Plus it is very durable, and will last much longer than any bluing will, on any gun. No rust worries either.

My HPAR is going to be finished in the Armor Black, with the Stainless color on the side plates. I may get ambitious and do a two tone on the rib with the same colors.

8. mdj67

mdj67 Active Member Founding Member

wtf is "minty" ???

9. Dan90T

Dan90T Member Founding Member

cerakote is the way to go . Dan90T

10. GW22

GW22 Mega Poster Founding Member

"Minty" is one step above "Mint for it's age." LOL.

-Gary

11. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

From Google,
    "A common typo in online auction sites. The intended word is mint, as in 'fresh from the factory'. Now an accepted usage. Almost always seen in all caps."

There was another definition on Google on "minty" but I'm not the one that is going to post it.

Flyersarebest

MODERATOR 1 likes this.
  12. PatMiles

PatMiles Member Founding Member

Flyn,
    My HPAR will be going back to Doug and will be the twin to yours. I love the gun!