10th annual Cardinal Classic

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by CCLUKE87, Aug 25, 2015.

1. CCLUKE87

CCLUKE87 Active Member

I have watched and learned so much about trap shooting in the last three years it's not even funny. I think a lot of you forget the real reason you continue to compete. Sometimes it takes a simple reminder or a slap in the face to recall. The Cardinal Classic from my standpoint was a great one! We had record numbers for the singles championship and the weather couldn't have cooperated better. With all events of this caliber there are comments, good and bad. I'm here to let you all know that we are aware of, and consider every negative and positive comment as it is brought to our attention. A wise man once told me a great truth, this is the entertainment industry. We are trying our hardest to get the money, guns, and other great prizes that we give away. These shoots benefit greatly from the sponsors and vendors that attend. The sponsorships don't just come knocking on the door, the clubs go out after those allocated dollars and try to use what they recieve in the best way possible. I can tell you that businesses (and we are a business) handle money matters in a certain way. In order for us to keep the doors open we must operate in the black.

Luke Spengler

2. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

Mr. Spengler,
    May I ask, is there is any truth to the rumor, that the CC will draw for banks next year?

dr.longshot likes this.
  3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Luke: The Cardinal Center needs to go to DRAW STARTING BANKS RJ Stuart not opening banks has cost the Cardinal, The Ohio mState Singles Championship was down 23% first time this has ever happened, caused by RJ Stuart not opening banks until 5-6-7 were filled, Drawing starting banks solves this problem.

Pre-entries but not Pre-squadding can be done for Out of State Shooters, or those that drive long distances, so they can shoot and go home at a decent time.

Drawing starting banks is the only fair way, no one selecting favorite banks.

This is a must do, more money for the BUSINESS, run it like a business.

All it takes is a jar and 12 numbered Ping Pong Balls from 1-12

Gary Bryant..............Dr.longshot

4. CCLUKE87

CCLUKE87 Active Member

We are discussing the possibility of drawing for banks but more than likely we will try to go another route so that banks 5,6, and 7 are more shooter friendly.

Luke

5. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

I really dont think the bank selection affected the singles shooters as much as the crappy weather at the state shoot.

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Drawing starting traps removes top dogs picking banks, the 5-6-7 banks getting bad revues will always be there, remove that completely by drawing traps, you can still keep pre entering to avoid long lines from out of state shooters.
    Kentucky just went to drawing starting banks, just as have southern states and western states.

It was done for a reason FAIRNESS Jack Fishburn is a fair man, and wants fairness to the utmost degree.

Print in the Program Starting Traps drawn in AM of the event, each day.

Gary Bryant......................Dr.longshot

7. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Luke

Thanks also for the work you guys put in. This shows again your commitment to keeping the Cardinal at the top of the pile.

I had the opportunity to attend 3 great shoots at the top trap shooting venue in world. It is going in a "fantastic direction" ;)

Most of all. You do not have to respond. Nice when you do. Thanks just for being one of the 15,000 lurkers we have each month! (we expect more)

FG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. rick s

rick s Member Founding Member

Drawing banks wont help ,people will wait till the event starts, then squad for that event to get the bank of choice.

9. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

Most places that draw banks have a rule, anyone squading after the banks are posted, have to take the first available squad with the position they seek.

dr.longshot, smoking357 and wpt like this.
  10. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

If the starting traps are drawn first thing in the morning of the event(s) and some shooters wait to draw their entries they still may not be able to get the desired banks. This depends on whether the club wants to fill the banks available and not open new squads (or banks) until the existing squads have been filled. Ya waits an takes yer chances.

11. cook

cook Member

Luke----thanks bunches! :):):):):):):):):):)

12. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

If Luke and Jack's crew are planning on doing the chainsaw thing that would be great.

13. dr.longshot

Not if they pre-enter,

14. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

Mr. Spengler, as you read above and will have read many times before here if you visit at all, my friend Bob Stuart comes in for a lot of heat here for not opening the good banks as long as banks 5,6, and 6 remain unfilled. Since he is a contract employee of yours, I hope you will tell us all here if that policy is that of a renegade solo-flyer as widely accepted here, or is that policy reflective of the direction given to him by the management of the Cardinal Center.

It was the policy of the ATA EC when I was part of that body. Bob explained to us the consequences in delays for all shooters and labor costs (particularly overtime) that uneven banks entails and we all supported the policy in place at Sparta which sounds similar to the one being followed at the Cardinal Center. When I was asked what was going on, I told the questioner that Mr. Stuart was following our policy and why we were doing things that way.

Is Mr. Stuart doing this in his own or are his actions "Cardinal Center policy" and supported - in fact directed - by shoot management?

N1H1

15. I would like to see the shot curtain installed on those banks,