Who has a Ruger Red Label Trap 34?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by GeorgeC, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:32 AM.

1. GeorgeC

GeorgeC New Member USAF Retired

The BS was flying around the table a few days ago and someone brought up a Ruger Red Label Trap gun. This must be the Unicorn of the sport. I have never seen one. Why did Ruger stop these? Would love to see one.

2. anthony morton

anthony morton Mega Poster

3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

they had them. not many made. red labels were cursed to begin with. so making a trap gun didnt help the issue.
    i do know, they kicked like a mule.

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

The number that always comes up when talking about the Trap gun is 300.

ruger single.jpg

The total number of their o/u field guns in 12,20 and 28 was over 150,000

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 10:03 AM
    grizquad and just joe like this.
  5. bobski

it sorta fell into the same niche as mossberg making a model 500 high rib trap gun. it was cool, but it still was a model 500.

6. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

The Ruger Trap Gun was just that NOT A RED LABEL. only similarities was the brushed stainless receiver.
    I shot one for a few years but never got it set for myself. They only made around 300 to 400 of these. If I remember right the serial numbers started at 100 and ended in the low 400"s

just joe likes this.
  7. 10-point

10-point Well-Known Member

What were the differences between the trap gun and Red Label then? The action seemed very similar to me, but it’s been years since I touched one and never owned one, either.

just joe likes this.
  8. GeorgeC

GeorgeC New Member USAF Retired

Yikes! Big money for one of those! I saw the same pic online as Flyer's. Very rare. I hope an owner pops his head up and gives a gun report.

9. bobski

it came from ruger. hows that?