Regret to report passing of George Snellenberger

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by just joe, Jul 3, 2024.

1. just joe

just joe Administrator Staff Member

IMG_9655.jpeg

I never had the opportunity to shoot with him but I enjoyed our conversations. He is a legend.

Double Trouble, SES and T Jordan like this.
  2. Turbine

Turbine Active Member Past State President

Terrible loss. Great shooter, great storyteller, and a pretty darn good gin rummy player.

Double Trouble and SES like this.
  3. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Condolences to Jacque and the family. George was a great competitor, a very good friend, and over many years a great ambassador for trapshooting. If my memory serves me well I believe that both years that George won the Ohio singles championship I was runner up. Many years ago Sandy took a picture of George, Hugh Driggs, and myself sitting at one of the round tables in the Michigan clubhouse. A picture that I will always cherish. George was on top of his game during the years that our sport of trapshooting was at the top of it's game. Another one of my trapshooting friends that I will dearly miss.

Dave Berlet

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

R.I.P. George, You will be greatly missed. Roger C.

Double Trouble, SES and T Jordan like this.
  5. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

I started shooting in Michigan about 1980. I met him about then he was always great to talk to and he never changed. He was in a league of his own before many of us even started shooting.
    RIP George.

6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

George was one of the guys I looked up to and always looked forword to talking with him about the old days of trap and birds. I hope him and Kitty are back at it. A lot of us oldtimers will miss you. Jacque hang in there, I'm sure your mom is already giving George hell.

7. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Geo funeral Will be Tuesday, July 23 at 1pm in Coldwater michigan.