Pilla Glasses

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Wayne J, Aug 21, 2024.

1. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

I see a lot of these being worn and quite a few being sold. Why?

2. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

This is just my opinion. I am sure various folks will not agree. First of all I do own the outlaw6. I am color deficient to red and green. I had six different shades of masks. When I purchased the masks they were the best for MY shooting condition. If you watch Pilla, keeps coming out with NEW stuff every month. They now have a RGHL (red green high light) and RGLL (red green low light) mask. FOR ME, the RGHL has been a real help for me. The RGLL does not help me at all. Sold I sold two mask were not as effective for me. The two I sold were good, but the RGHL was better. So, I shared them instead of hauling them around.

3. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Mega Poster

Great quality optics...

Expensive,but so are premium shells and Premium guns!!!

Paul in Virginia

4. Igor

Igor Member

I now have Pilla’s with the prescription inserts. I had the Rangers before than with prescription inserts. Part of me wishes I hadn’t sold my Rangers, the inserts were bigger and my prescription was bifocal, it never interfered with my shooting and I could read the score card! With the Pilla inserts I originally went for the X7 but found with the inserts in place my vision was distorted as the lens was more curved. Changed them over for the X6 and it’s better but the inserts are quite small so only have the distance not the bifocal which is a pain. The colours are individual for each person, what works for one doesn’t work for another.

5. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

I'm a believer, if the Olympic shooters were wearing them exclusively they would be the best, the same goes for the best trap shooters-wonder what brand of glasses the Bartholow's use?

6. Got Beagles

Got Beagles Active Member

I trust my own eyes. We all process light and colors differently.