Ohio State Shoot Payoff

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by MOE, Jun 18, 2024.

1. MOE

MOE Mega Poster Founding Member

I just reviewed the payoff in the 1st event of the Ohio State Shoot. If you broke almost any score in the ninety's you hit the Lewis. Problem is some of the payoffs were so small you didn't even get back the money you paid to enter and many only profited by a few dollars. Does this come from the same idealism that everyone gets a ribbon? Maybe if the system was changed so there were fewer winners, but the winners that did hit actually got paid a worthwhile amount, more shooters would play. Look's like a failed system to me.

2. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

IMG_4833.jpeg
    It’s an early singles event.

3. grizquad

grizquad Well-Known Member Founding Member

Fewer people are playing options with the cost of EVERYTHING going up and up. Sad.

4. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

43% of the paid entries played "a failed" option. It is designed for everybody to have a chance to win some money not just the class A and above shooters. How about some class D shooter winning over $100. You do have to play the option.

5. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

You are giving your money away if you are not physically able to hit a 99 or 100.

The brighter folks quit playing all options when they broke the handicap system.

MTA Tom likes this.
  6. MOE

Shooting a class D score doesn't mean you were a class D shooter, could have been someone having a bad day. The 99 shooters made $1.25 on their investment, not a very wise investment indeed.

7. MOE

But what I'm trying to say is that instead of paying 60/40 for each class, if each class would have paid 100% the winnings would have been larger and maybe more would be likely to gamble their twenty-five dollar's.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  8. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I don’t believe that is ever going to happen. I’ve said for years that there is no money in Singles.

9. WSRC Brad

WSRC Brad Member

That 86 looks like a good return for having a bad day or a good day for a lower class shooter.

BIG PAPA and Troutbum like this.