Gun Violence

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Smokintom, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Just on the news. It’s a national problem. It’s not about the people committing the crimes it’s about the guns. Seriously??

Igor likes this.
  2. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

A gun can not commit violence in and of itself. They are as safe as a hammer, knife or ice pick. Only when some idiot misses them does the problems occur, but, we here all know that already. It's the uneducated and politicians that seem to get it wrong. We have a people problem not a gun problem. I base my assumptions on a career in law enforcement, seen it many times.

Palos shooter likes this.
  3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Same old bull shit different day.

Dobyns, Smokintom and Flyersarebest like this.
  4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Gun Violence, I can relate.

I shot a 101 for a short time. THAT was a violent gun. SOB kicked under the bed when it was in the box.

Had a Broadway way back in 1972 that started out tame but after about 3 months it started to get violent and bit and bloodied my cheek so bad I had to get rid of the thing.

Shot a single action .454 Casull 5 times one handed. Talk about violent.

The 30-338 wasn't really violent, just a little irritating. It weighed about 18 pounds with the brake. Now when you took the brake off, everyone on the line thought it wasn't only violent, it was damn near murderous.

And when you shot the 33-416 you felt like you were violated.

Yeah, Gun Violence.

Doug Kennedy likes this.
  5. door220

door220 Member

Gun control is a complex and divisive issue. While guns don't commit crimes, they can enable and exacerbate them.

6. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

IMG_0990.gif

just joe, Igor, Doug Kennedy and 3 others like this.
  7. Igor

Igor Active Member

Car incidents about the car, Let ban cars then.
    Rape is about human sex organ so let's all cut them off shall we?