GOOD LUCK OHIO STATE SHOOTERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by redbird, Jun 18, 2024.

1. redbird

redbird Member

Good luck Ohio State Shooters. PLEASE be safe. Stay hydrated. Very important. Especially if you are an older guy or gal (as I am). Heat stroke is very serious. Please stay alert and watch out for your fellow shooters. I am sure a lot of the older shooters have witnessed shooters passing out on the line, I have, and it is scary. Good luck, be safe and enjoy one of trapshooting's greatest venues.

2. dfwip9x

dfwip9x Well-Known Member

Really hot today. I shot singles and then caps. Just too much. Only shooting one event tomorrow, singles, as I have a carryover. In this heat two events will really wear you out. This is supposed to be fun.
    Paul

3. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I just had a thought that made me reminisce, today is the first day of any Ohio State Shoot that I have missed in over 50 years. I was down yesterday to watch our youth team compete and starting Wednesday I hope to compete the rest of the shoot, but I wasn't able to attend today. Isn't it amazing the opportunities that are out there for youngsters even through college age to compete in the shooting sports. I did shoot the 22yard 50 target event and I did manage to break 49, so I had some money coming and on our way home a friend called and asked if I wanted him to pick up my winnings because if it wasn't picked by9am this morning the money would be donated to the charity. Since I wasn't able to be there today I guess I would have lost my winnings which would have made me very unhappy. The times allotted for picking up winnings was from 6pm last evening to I guess when the miss and out was over and from 8:30 to 9am this mourning. With this short of a window to collect it seems to me that they didn't really want the winners to collect. I think that a little more thought should have went into making a decision that limited payoff time to at the most maybe 3hrs. Just my thoughts.

Dave Berlet

Flyersarebest and just joe like this.
  4. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Dave…. Thanks for being a leader and steward of the sport.

The forum admins hasn’t been promoting the state shoot much this year.