Finally Got an AR-15 and a new Pistol

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Jun 7, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I got what I would call a good price on both items, they were on sale, I got the Smith & Wesson AR-15 M&P 5.56 in the $500.00 range w/30 round Clip.

Taurus 380 with 2 clips for $200.00, I had been looking for another conceal carry, and home protection.

I picked these up at a Cardinal Center Vendor's home store at Ashland Exit off I-71, fin Fur & Feather, both were on sale.

I would like to find some 5.56 Varmint loads w/hollow points, or pointed soft points. I could only find them in .223.

Price was $6.00 per 20 rounds

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Gary,

I have a place that sends me specials on ammo once to several times a week, if you PM me your E Mail address I can forward them to you ... Got some pretty good deals from them as of late ... Bill WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member Founding Member

Dear Gary

The 223 is loaded to about 55,000PSI. The 5.56 is loaded to about 62,000PSI. The Smith is likely overgassed, and will work well with bulk packed 223 HP or SP ammo. Winchester offers bulk packed HP or SP ammo.

I do not recommend steel cased or steel clad bullets in the AR. They really cut barrel life down and are likely to give issues with a properly set up gun.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/