Dave Berlet @ Beer Tent making trapshooting great again.....

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

2. Family Guy

3. Family Guy

4. Family Guy

All pictures taken at the Cardinal Classic Beer and Feast tent.

5. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

FG what great memories those pictures brought back. In our trapshooting world the afternoon and evenings at the Vandalia beer stand will never be duplicated. As the shooting started to wind down in the afternoons folks started to flock to the beer stand kinda like people flock to Trump's rallies. If you weren't early most times you couldn't find a seat.The crowds that the free food bring to the big tent at Sparta nowhere compare to the crowds in and around the dear old Vandalia beer stand. Sometimes there would be a band playing out on the blacktop. If you weren't involved in a shootoff it seemed like most everyone came to the beerstand whether you were a beer drinker or not everyone was welcome and everyone seemed to have a great time. Even some of the local folks who were not shooters would be there to here some of the stories and enjoy the great atmosphere. Of all the time that I spent there and that was considerable I don't believe that I ever witnessed a fight. It seemed that everyone came to the beerstand to hangout, drink a few adult beverages, and tell and listen to the stories of how they almost won it all.

To the people reading this post that were never able to attend the Vandalia beer stand during the Grand you most probably don't believe what I have written, but all you have to do is check with anyone who was fortunate enough to have been there or witnessed what a great daily party it was. The beerstand was just one more thing that was lost when the Grand left Vandalia.

Dave Berlet

6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Dave I did threaten to kill Pete's monkey if he didn't make it shut up. But I only remember arguments over who's turn it was to buy.

T Jordan likes this.
  7. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

God those were the fun days and we will never see them again. Just memories. Brad, remember some of the stories Bernie and Ben used to tell? Berlet and George could tell some pretty big ones also.

T Jordan and BRAD DYSINGER like this.