Crazy rules bylaws elections delegate

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by butterly, Jun 25, 2024.

1. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

I would like to have a chat with my late rival Neil Winston. Why the dumbass election and notification process with the delegates?

As I hear now post merlo’s notification about OSTA Delegate’s loss. When the delegate loses he is expected to write kinda a resignation letter to the ATA Executive Director saying he will no longer be there. Sounds clear right?

Not really? It isn’t official until the State Secretary notifies the ATA. So in that time period between the resignation or notification by the Delegate and the Official Notification by the Secretary who is the Acting Delegate?

I can’t find it in the bylaws!

Queer process if you ask me. Neil must have wrote this rule.

2. Kelli Ryan

Kelli Ryan Member

What happened to Merlo's thread??
    You will find the bylaw on page 81 Article IV paragraph (b)
    IF he resigned its the alternate delegate, if he didn't he is the delegate until the state secretary submits the new officer in formation. Looks quit simple.

3. Union Strong

Union Strong Mega Poster

Copy and paste please

4. Union Strong

Union Strong Mega Poster

I don’t see where it states the secretary must inform them. The delegate can resign himself and announce his resignation pending their approval due to election results.

Show me where the secretary must make the notice and not the Delegate.

5. Kelli Ryan

Kelli Ryan Member

Who informed the ATA that they have a new delegate when one is elected. The delegate doesn't call and let them know. A person running for a delegate position has to meet criteria listed in the rule book and the bylaws to even run. That person doesn't do their own verification it's done by the state organization. The state secretary sends an officer's report to the ATA after their election. All state business goes through the state secretary.

Wait maybe I can call the ATA and tell them I'm the new delegate.

6. Union Strong

Union Strong Mega Poster

I only asked that you copy and paste where it says the Delegate can’t tell them he lost or where it says only the Secretary can tell them.

And btw….if you slightly understood your job as a Delegate you would be appreciated.

7. Kelli Ryan

Kelli Ryan Member

If they accept my call tomorrow, I'll work on the understand part.

8. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

I heard the departing Ohio Delegate sent in his resignation and notification letter like all the previous Delegates. Merlo was right. Too much drama sometimes.