Butler XX12 What happened to it?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by squirrel hunter, Mar 26, 2016.

1. squirrel hunter

squirrel hunter New Member

I have not heard anything about the Butler XX12. Are these being produced?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

No, the concept of it was second to none but marketing and price stopped it in its tracks ... I would of liked to have one after shooting a demo gun that Larry Butler had at the club one day, even tried to buy that gun, was not for sale ... $7,500 for an auto loader is steep, $5,000 and they would of jumped off the shelf ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. hard left

hard left Member

5 grand for a autoloader? WPT you got lots of money.

4. wpt

I offered Larry Butler $5,000 for the demo gun he had at the club, talk about sweet , it felt like you were shooting a pellet gun but with more noise ... I would still like to have one but not at the prices people are asking for them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I did watch a shooter at the Southern Grand attempt to shoot Doubles. It didn't work too often!

6. wpt

The one I shot was a demo gun, worked flawlessly even on doubles ... Larry said it was not perfect so he didn't want to sell it ... The design and operation of the gun was second to none , obviously the market was not ready for it at the advertised price of $7,500 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...