A Little Help With TM1 Serial #

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Flyersarebest, May 30, 2015.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I don't have the gun in my possession YET so I can't check the letters to determine the year of birth but it is in the 18xx range. I googled for help but only come up with the letter abbreviations. Anyone know of a link I could use to see how old it is?
    Thanks in advance.

Flyersarebest

2. kolarpole

kolarpole Well-Known Member Founding Member

FLYERMAN.....are you sure about "18xx" ??

3. Flyersarebest

Yep, I know it's an older one. Bought my first one in 1977 but can't remember the serial number to help me figure the age of the one I'm interested in now.

Thanks,
    Flyersarebest

4. Flyersarebest

It is a four digit number, I just left off the last two digits

5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

6. Flyersarebest

Thanks FG, I did find that chart before but since I didn't have the gun in my hand I didn't know what the markings were. I talked to the gentleman and he had a little trouble seeing the stamps. He told me it had a leaf spring instead of a coil so I know it was earlier than my 1977/1978 model. Have to think about it a little before I decide.

Flyersarebest

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The early ones had a bib Beavertail Forearm, mine had ser# 86** it was the newer TM1 Special
    Age is not a factor, it's how much it has been shot, look at firing pin kole is it nice and round? Locks up tight
    Leaf springs are faster lock time, easy to replace w/tool

Dr.longshot

8. Flyersarebest

This one is probably early to mid 70's

Flyersarebest