28ga cheddite hulls recipe

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Kolar67, May 19, 2024.

1. Kolar67

Kolar67 Well-Known Member

I need some advice on. What wads to use and powder for this. , I have 1000 hulls. Already with primmers I've tried. Clabusters no good ,I've tried. Remington. No good , im not sure if anyone has contacted balistic to see what they recommended
    Thanks

Antique00 likes this.
  2. Just Trap

Just Trap Well-Known Member

Give BPI a call, they’ll fix you right up.

3. Antique00

Antique00 Member

Find some data for Unique, Herco, or Universal and Federal hulls. Load them up and go shoot them. I've loaded and shot a lot of Cheddite hulls in My Model 12 and Rizzini, but in my Briley tubes, they stick. They aren't all that poor of hull, from lot to lot.

4. The 'BPI' (Ballistic Products, Inc.) "Small Bore Manual" has plenty of loads for the 28 Gauge Cheddite hull. Their green Gualandi sourced wads work well with this hull.

5. door220

door220 Member

Use Winchester WAA12SL or WAA12L wads with WST, Titegroup, or Clays powder for your 1 oz 12 ga loads.

6. Igor

Igor Active Member

I am experimenting a bit with both 5/8 and 3/4 oz loads. Right now, I am using Win 572 with the SG28 wads in a Cheddite hull/primer.

I appreciate your information for 20/28 powder as that is what I have most of.